Tuesday, September 27, 2011

autumn rorschach


Just the beginning of the new Autumn textiles are in my Etsy shop today. I named the patterns the first thing that came into my mind when I looked at them and then I found myself looking for the source of the name…

Unearth because this past year has been a truly life-changing time in which I felt like I uncovered myself.  
Spun because the tiny pinwheels reminded me of a spinning spool of thread. The very thing that holds my creations together. 
 Roam because the peaks in the print are leading me to search for something wonderful.
Drift because the graphic brushstrokes that became the pattern feel so strong and at the same time as if they were floating gracefully. Just how I would always wish to feel.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Phoebe, I really like everything about your work and blog. Glad I found you.

    Best, zill.y

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found me too! Thank you so much. I love your blog, it's one of my favorite reads now.

    ReplyDelete